Monday, March 27th
BIA News Categories
CLSLink has BIA Profiles, links, maps and more...
- AGM / Board of Directors / Budget
- Cambie Corridor
- Commercial Properties
- Crime & Policing
- Graffiti & Vandalism
- Granville Parking / 2010 Olympics
- Milltown Marina
- Member Survey Results
- Property Taxes / Fair Tax Coalition
- Safeway Redevelopment
- Street Beautification & Cleanliness
- Vancouver 2010 Olympics
- Promotional Events
- Community Visioning
- Traffic & Speed Management
Marpole and the Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympic Games
Visit this page regularly for news related to Marpole and the Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympic Games. See also additional news and information about Granville Street Parking.
Thank you Marpole Safeway!
Shown above: Marpole BIA presenting a certificate of appreciation to Marpole Safeway Manager Stu Muir and his staff person Charlotte, who assisted the members of the Marpole BIA by allowing over 50 business people to park their vehicles for free in the Safeway parking lot during the Olympic month of February. This greatly eased the parking situation in the commercial district while parking was banned along Granville St. during the Olympics. The Marpole BIA wished to recognize the Marpole Safeway for their community spirit and generosity.
Paint the Town Red - Show your support for Team Canada
Paint The Town Red can inspire your staff and customers, as well as help you merchandise your business. Here’s a few ways how your store or retail location can show its support for the Canadian Olympic Team.
- Have a ‘wear red to work’ day.
- Illuminate your window displays by hanging strings of red Christmas lights.
- Hang a Canadian flag in your store window.
- Hold a contest for the reddest, most creative outfit, biggest show of pride, etc.
- Create a ritual every time a Canadian athlete wins a medal, i.e. put another Canadian flag up in your business.
- Feature red merchandise in your window displays and create ‘Red Tag’ sales featuring red merchandise.
- If you’re a restaurant or coffee shop, serve red drinks, use red napkins, have a red menu.
Fly the flag. Wear red. Paint your face. Make noise. Show your Canadian pride and passion!
For more information, please visit paint-town-red.olympic.ca.
RBC Marpole branch hosts Olympic torch
JUNE 2009 — The Marpole branch of the Royal Bank of Canada was privileged to host an event in honour of the spirit of the Vancouver 2010 Olympic Torch Relay.
RBC-sponsored athlete Anne-Marie Lefrancois was in attendance and posed for photos with the elegant Olympic torch. RBC clients and members of the public were invited to hold the torch and sign up for a chance to participate in the Torch Relay leading up to the Games.
As a national Olympic sponsor, RBC will be supporting many Games-related functions. The Marpole RBC branch staff is hopeful that the local community will have an opportunity to share in some of these celebrations.